Friday, January 18, 2008

My Little Prince

The Prince said his knee was hurting tonight before he went to bed, so I got him a cold pack and set him up in his bed so he wouldn't have to extend the knee. I'm not sure what he did to it. The poor kid wears orthotics in his shoes because his feet aren't just flat...they actually roll inward. I think he gets neck, back and knee pain from having such messed up feet.

Anyway, I prayed with him, and tucked him in. He said, "Mom, I'd really like to spend some time with just you. We had so much fun at Legoland that time! When can we just have time to sit and talk - you know - just you and me?" Be still my heart. Now, I've got to find a time when he and I can just hang out. I think I'll pen him in for Monday afternoon, since the Princess is at class.

Then, after I had him well on his way to dreamland, I went to pray with The Princess. She avoids going to bed at all costs (remember the Math incident?), so we talked for awhile. She pulled out the programs from four of her last six shows to show me all the autographs from her friends. Then she checked to see how many texts she'd used so far since 12/26. She said, "I'm not even going to tell you!" Well, I grabbed her phone and gasped! 2,768 texts! I told her her thumbs are going to fall off from texting so much! She's sure she's building muscle in those thumbs, and that that's a good thing. :-)

Then, after we prayed, she leaned over and gave me a big hug. I asked her "Do you know how much I love you?" She said, "A lot." I'm not buying that all teenagers become monsters, because so far, I've got a pretty good one. Then, as I was leaving her room, she got up and hugged me again for a long time.

My heart is full right now.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about The Prince's knees being sore, hope he feels better!

Glad that you have 2 kids that think you are the greatest, and let you know it.

Unknown said...

What great kids you have. I also agree that it's a myth that teenagers have to be monsters. Come on.

Gombojav Tribe said...

You do have great kids! I do not think they will ever become monsters. They just might play one on stage. :-)

Alicia said...

As I'm being called to wipe a potty bootie (my four year old son), I am encouraged by your post that bright days can be ahead! :)
I thought it was time to make an appearance on your side of the world!
Loved your sharing your heart swelling with us.
Good stuff.

Claire said...

Thank you, everyone! Daja, thank you for the compliment (she knows my kids "in person").