Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Just venting

I am sooo tired of The Princess' headache. She is, too. Today, it got to an 11 on a scale of 1-10. I darn near took her to the E.R. She started shivering, then fell asleep, and woke up feeling a little better.

Later, she was able to go to a class she takes, and then in the evening the headache came back with a vengeance. She drank two glasses of black iced tea at 10:30 p.m. and it went away. I wonder if she's able to sleep. She has to get up early in the morning to babysit!

I called her pediatrician today, who, by the way, I love. She was so understanding. I told her about the neuro and drug he wanted to put her on, and that we wouldn't be doing that. She didn't try to talk me into it, but did say, "I don't prescribe that drug." Hmmmm....

We'll be doing blood work in the next few days. I'm praying we can find answers. This poor kid wants to get back to her life, and I want to stop stress eating.

Blessings to you all.

11 comments:

flutter said...

Love, have you tried vitamin b2?

kari and kijsa said...

Hope she feels better soon..and you find answers as to the what and why! So frustrating to see our children struggling. But sounds as though she is a wonderful kid (loved the Federalist Papers post!!)

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Unknown said...

Oh man, poor thing...I deal with migraines too and they are horrible. Is she on ANY kind of medicine at all?

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Checking in... how are things going?

Amber said...

I was up for 3 hours with a miagrane last night. I took to pills and it is gone, I can't imagine it being an 11 in pain. Bless here heart. Three hours was enough for me! I really am sorry. I hope she feel better soon and the doctor can give you some answers. Prayers to you!

BTW, Big Daddy commented back on your comment. I know it might sound silly but I love that he wanted to make sure he said to you, "HE HAS RISEN IN DEED!"

Unknown said...

Sending the best of luck your way, in hopes to an end to the migraines.

((hugs))

for a different kind of girl said...

Oh, I don't even want to imagine a headache hitting 11 on the pain scale! How awful for her, especially since she's had to cope with it for so long! When I get migraines, way too frequently now, I've noticed, I can barely stand anything. No noise. No light. Nothing. She's a trooper. I hope some relief arrives soon.

Dominguez Den said...

We will keep praying for her and for you as well. I know as a mom how taxing it is to see our kids in pain. Keep the faith
:o) Cherie D.

Amy said...

Hi there,

Just dropping by - I hope you don't mind. I got your link from Scarlett's blog. Nice to meet you!

I hope your daughter gets some relief from her headaches. My little sister suffers terribly from migraines. I wish her/you well!

Unknown said...

Wow. Are they migraines? It sounds like it hurts as bad as migrains, but is pretty constant, unlike migrains that come and go. I'm sooo sorry she's going through this!
BTW, I hope you have a good time in Texas at your scrap and that she's feeling better then.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Hope all is well.