Friday, February 15, 2008

Don't miss me too much

The next few days, I'll be consumed with my dad's party. My aunt arrived today for a five day visit. Dad finally has an inkling about the party. He told my mom "Something's going on." She said, "What?" He said, "I don't know. I just think something's going on." She said, "Yeah, we're going to Buca de Beppo for your birthday. That's what's going on." And rolled her eyes, and walked away. My mom isn't a very good liar, but she hopes she fooled him. Only two more days, and the deceit is over. :-)

I am madly scrapbooking all the cards, letters and photos I got from various friends, family and former co-workers to my father. I'm keeping it simple, but it's still a lot of work, I dare say. We decided on an aqua and brown color scheme. Well, to be honest, my awesome, rockin' friend Nat chose the colors, and had all kinds of other good ideas for the scrapbook. We're leaving four or five pages out for people to sign as a guestbook, which will comprise the first pages of the scrapbook. I'm going to have my kids do a page each, and then me and my mom and brother, as well.

I'll post pictures of some of the pages, if I think about it before Saturday. After that, the book will belong to my dad. :-)

So, I may not post for a few days. Then again, I just might. It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind, so there.

Oh, yeah, and Happy Valentine's Day. Whatever.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good grief girl, your post sounds like you're in the slumps. Could it be the V-day thing? Some years I celebrate it, others I don't. It's a matter of my ambition level.

Have fun scrapbooking, and I'm sure it's going to be an awesome party!