Thursday, September 6, 2007

This blog, and where it's going

Had our first park day with our homeschool co-op today. It was really nice. I had seen most everyone over the summer, but not all together! We have a number of new families, so the kids have more kids to commiserate with. They both seemed happy to be there.

I noticed something. I re-read my first post, and I said I'd probably be talking about weight loss and finance. As far as I can tell, I've posted little if anything about either of those! Oh, well, this is (so far) only for my reading pleasure, so I guess it doesn't matter.

The Princess is sitting just behind me, reading every word. She keeps laughing at what I write. Just wait 'til she leaves the room... (She's laughing again).

I have a friend who thinks I should send her the link to this blog. Her blog is so well-written, and she really inspires me with her lifestyle and faith. And here I blog about...my broken toe. *sigh* And then my injured knee *double sigh.* Oh, and let's not forget adventures in home improvement *groan.* I think I'll send her the link just so she can get it out of her system. :-)

What else is going on? Oh, the bedroom project is still in progress. All three windows are replaced, and the stucco is almost done (the color coat needs to go on). GH is putting in a radiant barrier to hopefully make the room cooler in summer, warmer in winter. It's all taking a long time, but I think it will be worth it.

Oh, I had my birthday in the past week! I got a wonderful digital camera! My daddy found it for me, and my in-laws, brother and GH pitched in. They also got me a charger for re-chargeable batteries. I am soooo excited! I love The Pioneer Woman and I really want to learn about taking pics with the digital on her site. Of course, I don't live in the same kind of setting that she does, but I can find beauty here, really, I can! I will learn how to post pics here. Just give me a little time.

1 comment:

Gombojav Tribe said...

Guess what? It's not out of my system! Now I'll just be checking all the time to read all about you!

:-)