Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Second day IN A ROW!!!!!!!

I'm sure my extensive blog-reading audience is just THRILLED to see another post (or at least LadyT is thrilled) ! :-)

Had a little disaster yesterday. Everyone was out of the house all afternoon. I returned first and discovered glass all over one end of our front porch. It seems our doggie, Mel, perceived that the postman, who comes to our home six days a week to deliver mail, was going to break into our house and murder us all. He broke one pane of glass in the process. *sigh* How do I know that's how the glass broke? Well, he always goes a little crazy when the postman comes, but we're usually here, and I either put him outside, or tell him to stop, and he does. And...we got a letter from the post office today, that if we don't restrain our dog they'll require that we put our mailbox away from the house. Oh, goody. I'll be calling them in a little bit to try to smooth it over. Mel will now be mostly an outside dog, which makes the kids and I very sad. He's a member of the family, for Pete's sake.

We picked up new orthotics for The Prince today. He has very, very flat feet, and has had orthotics (which fit in his shoes) for awhile now. Insurance doesn't pay for corrective orthotics, only the ones that make your feet feel better. Isn't that dumb? It's a quality of life issue for The Prince, yet the insurance treats it like we're in it for the fun.

Let's see, we need a little uplifting talk, eh? Okay. On the weight loss front, which I meant to blog about from the beginning, but haven't:

I joined a weight loss program in April of this year after a good friend was succeeding on the same program. At that time, I had about 70 lbs. to lose. Long story short, I lost 35 lbs. from April to August, or so. Great, right? Well, yes, but I'm a bit stagnated right now, and have been. I'm good at encouraging others, but I haven't had the oomph to get myself up and going again. The good news is, I haven't gained but one pound. The program I was doing (not WW) really taught me how to eat better, and I have internalized it to the point that I think all the time, "Oh, I need to eat another fruit today," or, "Done with the starch for today."

I know the holiday season is really not the best time to start again, and on a lot of blogs I read, people are taking a few weeks off of weight loss during this time. There' s one thing I've realized; weight loss is not about being "on program." It's about making changes 24/7, 365. Yep, that's right, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Independence Day, all of it. I used to look at weight loss as punishment for all the wrong I'd done to my body. Now, I look at it as finally taking care of the temple that God gave me, and undoing some of the damage I did to it. Not punishment but repentance. Ah, it feels like freedom.

I think part of my struggles lately are linked to the potential move to Texas. So much to consider, so many choices to make, even if we stay here. It is darn near a miracle that I haven't gained all the weight back in the past month, since food has traditionally been my drug of choice during stressful times. I keep telling GH, "I just want us to make a decision, either way, and then move on!!!!" He gets it, but ultimately it's his final decision, and I just have to be patient. HA!!!! :-) That's what I get for praying for patience...

Oh, I had my first, first-hand encounter with a high-speed chase yesterday! I was standing on the sidewalk talking to a friend, when I saw four helicopters coming our way, and then so many lights from the police cars that I knew something major was going on. I got inside and waited for them to pass. It's a narrow street (not our street, but one lined with small businesses and only two lanes going one way), so I would have been very close to the guy who was fleeing. He crashed a few miles up the road, thus ending a chase that lasted about two hours. I didn't like the feeling of being that close to that much drama.

This morning when I was checking the Pioneer Woman's blog, she had a link to another blog, asking for prayer. Here's the link to Bossy's blog.

Be blessed today. Amidst all the chaos that is the commercialized Christmas, try not to forget that love came down to save us all, and that's what we should be celebrating.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I do find that I gain strength from fellow bloggers - and if you are reading Lady T's blog - then you're a friend of mine too. I love her blog.

It's going to be a great year. Looking forward to keeping an eye on your blog.