Sunday, January 25, 2009

I am very blessed that my kids get along pretty well. They have the occasional spat, but overall, they really do love each other.

A little while ago, I told The Prince to vacuum the family room. I then asked La Princess if she had emptied the vacuum cleaner after she used it earlier today. Of course, she said "no." I told her to clean it, but The Prince jumped in and said, "That's okay; I'll do it." Such a sweet boy.

Yesterday, after it had rained her quite a bit, the kids decided to go "splash in puddles." Yes, they are 12 and 14. And yes, I said "yes."



Um yeah, barefoot.


He is officially considered "accident prone" now. He got completely soaked in that puddle.


Check out this awesome leaf! The kids had to get pictures of it.

All these pictures were taken by the kids. They took my camera (gasp) when they went puddle hunting.

Fortunately, they decided to take a walk to Grandma's house, and she got to deal with the wet clothes. By the time they got home, they were all dry. :)

Blessings.

6 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

Talk about finding joy in unexpected pleasures! How great is this?!

Chris H said...

I think it's lovely they still want to splash in puddles.. and what the hell... you can wash the clothes and the kids later on!

Gombojav Tribe said...

My kids begged to play in the rain the other day. Usually I say yes. But that day I was totally not up for it. Next time they want to play in the rain I'll drive them to your house. :-)

marie said...

I LOVE puddle jumping while running in the rain.

I swear that it keeps me young :)

flutter said...

looks like wonderful fun!

Unknown said...

My kids used to love to do this when they were young!! Now they are passing this on to their own children. :-)